Another thing that goes by the wayside? Food. This is way more than okay by me! We give up formal meals (by "formal", I don't mean china, silver and wine glasses - I mean chicken in the crockpot!) and plop our rears on the couch for some grilled cheese or peanut butter & jelly and chips.
One night, we even did Chick Fil A. I love not cooking for a few days. Jami was so sweet and even had us over for dinner on Saturday night. Thanks, friend! :-)
I did inform Eric that he was never allowed to go out of town again when we had an impending ice/snow storm on the horizon! NOT COOL. The ice and snow came Sunday and we were stuck home for a few days. Seriously. Can we say CABIN FEVER this winter? Let's pray this is the last of our rough winter!
We made some snow ice cream on Monday. My kids were not a fan. Maggie just liked stirring it.
Two things about this picture: YES, she is wearing the birthday outfit my mom bought her for her birthday -- in MAY. YES, she is wearing her "1st Visit" button from Disney, because, why not??
Glad to say that Eric made it home safe last night and we were sooo happy to have him back! I immediately went "off duty" and let him handle any and all complaints, requests and meltdowns. ;-) Thankful my family is back together again!




1 comment:
I'm glad that E is home. Bet Levi will be sad to lose his place in bed though.
Post a Comment