Thursday, July 25, 2013

We're on countdown...

This is our last full week before Levi goes back to school.  We are officially on countdown!  About three weeks ago, I was pretty sad that our summer was coming to an end.  Now?  I'm not gonna lie - I'm getting a little antsy for school to start!  Yes...bad mother.  ;)

We've been having some fun this week hanging with friends.  


When you're little, there's not a lot that you'd rather do than be silly and play with those that you love!


I even got to squeeze in a dinner with some people I love!  We are in the final preparations for planning out our Disney trip in October - CANNOT WAIT!


And, yesterday was a special treat!  We woke up early and I surprised the kids by heading down to BG to spend the day with Pierce and Hope!  These days, my kids are pretty easy travelers.  Throw in a movie and give them their headphones and it's almost like I am traveling by myself!  Almost.


Levi asked from the beginning, "How long till we get there?"  In kid language, I told him three Scooby Doo's and one Dinosaur show.  That was doable.  Once we arrived, the boys were in pure Heaven for about twenty minutes until they acted like old men complaining because they didn't want to play the same thing.    


The girls ran off to play with all things pink in Hope's room.  I don't think we heard from them again until we went swimming!  And then, there was lots of this...  


Sweet girls :)

Me?  I was pretty much in Heaven, too.  Love this girl...so much!  I was so thankful for a day just to plop down and shoot the breeze together.  


 It was just like the good ol' days...back together again.




Brittany popped by for a bit and it was so great to see her!  Been way too long!



And, when B is around, you know that someone is going to get their hair done!  Exhibit A.


Our day was too quickly coming to an end.  :(  It melts my heart that these two old men can pick up right where they leave off and have a good time together.


This one right here thinks she is just as big as the others, but moments like these remind me just how little she is.  Soaking it up...


"MOOOM, can we go swimming again?  We LOOOVE night swimming!  PLEEEASE??!!!"  Gosh, take you swimming again while we have to sit on our rears and talk some more?  Okay...


What a wonderful day.  So thankful for days like this!


3 comments:

Jami said...

So glad you could go down there for the day. Fun, fun! Love it that Brittany always does hair :)

ginmommy said...

Those kinds of visits make me miss the old days...hanging out in the circle! :-)

Brittany said...

Love that pic of us! Saving it - and I'm so glad you all had a fun day!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS