Eric and I have been tossing around the idea of putting Maggie in a big girl bed for a while now. At night time, she has started to proclaim, "Cribs are for babies!" pretty loudly. Honestly, we were scared to because we had such a bad experience with Levi! I liked the idea of her not being able to escape. A couple of weeks ago, Eric told me, "Maggie will be reading to us and still sleeping in her crib." Ha! That's when I knew it was time for the transition.
Here are just a few shots of the nursery bedding and furniture we had for both Levi and Mags:
Uh, yeah...time for a change when your child is almost bigger than the furniture! :)
So, I had this BRIGHT IDEA! {And by "bright idea", I mean lots of work for Eric while I walk around and bark orders!} We had some old furniture in our basement that belonged to my parents while I was growing up, then went to me when I was in high school. Pinterest makes everything look so easy, so I suggested painting it for Maggie's room! Great idea, right??! I thought so!
BEFORE:
I decided on a pretty aqua color since we wanted to keep her room yellow.
DURING:
We finally got it all put back together and I LOVE IT!!!
I still haven't found any new handles that I like for her chest of drawers, so just pretend like there are some really cute ones on there! ;) Oh, and here's a tidbit I learned: a dresser is a piece of furniture with drawers and a mirror sitting on top. If it is tall, with no mirror, it is a chest of drawers. I kept calling this a dresser and was corrected every.single.time. Whatevs.
I'm ecstatic to report that Maggie has been sleeping in her bed for a week now and has done great! The very first night, we had a little visitor at 3 am, but I took her to the potty and back to bed and she went right back to sleep! And, I have to admit that it is quite adorable to see her little head come bopping around to my side of the bed when she wakes up in the morning. Love that little girl!! :)




7 comments:
LOVE IT!!! great job!
I love her bedding! You guys did a great job on the furniture. Really pretty. I see you still have the piggy bank, cute!
Looks great! I really love it :-)
UHM I LOVE this room! I love the bright colors & the furniture looks AWESOME!
I also loved your commentary about Pinterest! They do make everything look easy...I just like barking the orders for B-rad!
OMGOSH!!! I absolutely love this. Absolutely adorable!
That looks GREAT!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
I am pretty sure Nora will be the same way! I had to move the boys because I had another baby on the way. Not this time. No rush!
great job eric!!!!!! you can tell he took his time and made it so nice. Beautiful room and perfect for maggie. so so cut
Post a Comment