Friday, March 8, 2013

My nephew is a trooper!

Last night, Jami, Jill and I had a date to go see GREASE at my former high school.  I knew several students who were performing in the production and GREASE is one of my favorites - ever!  When Jami and I decided to go, we teased because I was coming from Zumba and she was coming from Jazzercise.  We were afraid for the people who would be sitting next to us... ;-)


We all know I am not a very coordinated person, especially when it comes to dance.  But, you know what is harder than doing Zumba itself?  Doing Zumba and texting.  During my class, I got this text from my mom:


Yes, my sweet nephew had been pinned down and bitten by a neighbor's dog.  Urgent care decided he needed to be seen in the ER by a plastic surgeon.  THANK OUR GOOD LORD that he was only bitten on the arm and right below his ear lobe.  Jenny said if it had been a few inches lower, they could have had more serious problems.  The surgeon decided that he needed to have surgery to clean out the wounds and close them up.  Cannot imagine... :-(

Before surgery -- {my dad's hand on his shoulder}

The surgery was around an hour and they were pleased with how everything went.  Such a brave boy!

I like how my brother titled this "...with his big sympathy gaining dressing".  Ha!

Again, I'm so thankful that he is okay!  If you remember him, please say a little prayer for him over the weekend.  And, I would ask you to pray for Travis' neighbors, too.  They are absolutely traumatized that this happened.  Travis and Jenny are SO CLOSE to their neighbors and Jenny said she feels worse for them.  ;(

I got some sweet texts from Griffin this morning.  {It still shocks me when I get a text from him! Ha!  He has a special app on his iPod.}


Still a fun night, even amidst all the texting going on with my family.  The students did a great job performing GREASE!  It brought back a whole lot of fun memories for me.   


4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Poor guy!! That looks terrible! Daniel was bit by a dog in middle school and he still talks about it!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Ahhhh. Poor buddy. I loved that he reminded you that he can't run. ;)

ginmommy said...

I've loved Griffin since we had him in Cubbies and he would always flirt with me. He's a fun boy and it really breaks my heart that he was hurt. :(

Jami said...

He is totally a trooper. Even though he doesn't know me now, I will always remmeber him as the one year old who came to me in Bass Pro. And yes, that head bandage totally gets extra sympathy. So thankful it wasn't worse.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS