First of all, I just have to share this:
WOO HOO!! How about those Hoosiers?!! Sweet Sixteen, Baby! Their game had me pacing back and forth, biting my nails, and yes, I yelled at the refs on tv... But, we won!
Okay, now for some motivation!
Last week, I shared my frustration. Thursday, my weigh in day, came and went and I promised to share the results today. I lost 3 pounds last week! THREE POUNDS! In one week!! Woo hoooo! Now, would I have lost that even if I didn't add the extra calories back into my diet? Maybe. But I was excited to see a loss, even with the extra calories! I'm trudging on. Yesterday was a "bad" day. We had a birthday party, and, well....#cake. Ugh. But, I jumped right back on this morning and am exercising even as I type this. :-)
A couple of things I want to remember:
I'm in a Wednesday night women's Bible study and this jumped off the page at me Wednesday night. Now, this book is about taking our thoughts captive, and not giving in to temptation (whether that temptation is physical or emotional), but I thought it could also mean the same thing for a healthy lifestyle.
"Life consists of one twenty-four hour period after another. If you can be faithful for one day, you've got it made," my mentor responded. "You just do the same thing the next day and the next day."
Taking one day at a time and trusting our future to God is all it takes. That's why Jesus taught us to pray, "Give us today our daily bread."
That is SOOO true! A month from now I will be closer to my goal. That's awesome to think about. And, speaking of goals, that's my topic for today. GOALS. I think that is important, for me, to keep going. So, I set a couple small ones for myself. It's not "lose 50 pounds by March 31st" or "run a marathon tomorrow". But, if I can stick with this, they will be easily attainable for me.
---The first one is to try and make my workouts longer. I've been doing 20-25 minutes at least 4 or 5 days a week. I think that's great! Some days, I hit 30 or plus minutes. But, I would like to consistently try to push myself and make 30 minutes my minimum workout.
--The second is to not buy any clothes until I have honestly lost TWO SIZES! PEOPLE, that is huge for me! I am a shopper. I love to shop. I don't know how long this will take, but I am anticipating MUCH APPRECIATION for my hard work, and even some squealing when I am able to do that. It might even be around my birthday, so I can't think of a better present! :-)
After that, I will make another goal. But for now, I'm looking forward with GREAT EXCITEMENT to shopping!!
Thanks for all your sweet comments and texts throughout the last few weeks! You guys rock. This has been fun to put together and I look forward to more MM posts. Oh, and PS...I just checked my time and I'm at 31 minutes on the elliptical! YES!




4 comments:
I've been wondering where this post was. I plan to do some recipe posts later this week, one is for homemade granola. I ate it after working out this morning.
I was also looking for this post!! We are watching! ;) Those are great saying! I am all about those these days! My new fav is "Broccoli may get stuck in your teeth but french fries get stuck to your butt!" ha ha ha ha!!
Go you!!!! you can give me all your clothes when you grow out of them :-) that will be my motivation. haha
I'm so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment