Monday, December 3, 2012

Traditions have begun

Saturday morning, Levi woke up at 6:05 am and asked, "How much longer until we leave for Aunt Gail's?"  I looked at the time on my phone and rolled back over.

Me: "Not for three more hours!"

Levi" "THREE HOURS?!  This is the longest day of my life."  

He has a flare for the dramatics. ;-)  A little over three hours later, we headed to Indianapolis for our annual Miller-Schaefer Christmas!  
Maggie napped, {which was good for everyone!} while Levi watched Christmas movies!

Once we arrived, the kids were forced to pose for me before they could break out the toys.  This was the best I got! ;-)

Within 4.2 seconds, my aunt and uncle's home went from elegant and pristine to TOY LAND!  But, I don't think Kevin and Gail minded...they love having the kids there to visit.

As always, my aunt's decorations were beautiful!

She always has little treats sitting around for us to take home...

My aunt has a beautiful Christmas tree, decorated only with Christopher Radko ornaments that cost more than my home, so I had about 40 heart attacks when the kids would get near it.  Shew!

My mom and her sister -- I love them!!

I love the relationship they have and that they are best friends!

It made me miss my sister (who was home with a sick baby girl...boo!), but made me happy to spend time with this sister...

I asked my brother to take a picture of the four women.  Fail.

When you rely on my brother, he will always make sure BAD photos are in the mix!

Until you threaten his life (or tell him he can't eat lunch until he gets a good photo!)....

After lunch, the kids were ready for what they thought was the real reason we were in Indy...BOWLING!

This was Maggie's first year bowling.  You guys -- it was arguably one of the cutest things ever!!  Check out the toddler sized bowling shoes!!

Of course, we had the bumpers up on the lane for the kids, so after we showed her how to roll the ball, she became a pro!

Well, sort of.  It still took about 8 minutes for the ball to make it all.the.way.down.the.lane.

We would all wait.  And wait.  And wait.  And run to get a diet coke from the concession area.  But, once it hit the pins, we would explode with cheers!

Levi, however, was an old pro at bowling and did a great job!  

I do believe these little turkeys had a great day!!  We definitely missed our other cousins, though. :-(

I think these two enjoyed watching the kids, too.
Ha!  We did enjoy our day and are so thankful for our family!!!  Love them so much!

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

I always look forward to this post! Except your Aunt's house makes me nervous, just in pics! can't imagine my chirren running around there!

Jami said...

I love this tradition you guys do. I agree with G, I would need a valium with my children running around that house.
Love the pictures that Travis took.

Jaime Mac said...

HA I love all the pics Travis too. Brothers are good for... uhm... er, nothing... :)
Also love the pic of the sisters on the phone!
(And waiting 8 minutes for the ball to get down the lane when little ones bowl? Oh, the humanity - you are correct!)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS