Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You want hodge podge? I got your hodge podge.

My Christmas shopping is done!  I say "my" because we still have 1 gift left to get --- Eric's dad.  And, I'm leaving that up to Eric!  So, my shopping is officially done.  ;-)  I also finished wrapping yesterday.  

Wrapping.

Sigh...

If you know me well, you know that I have lots of visions about how things should go in my head.  For example, when we put up our Christmas tree, I have visions of perfection.  Me, dressed in pearls and heels, dancing happily around the tree to the fun Christmas music playing softly in the background.  The kids sitting, handing me ornaments, laughing with each other, giving each other hugs.  Eric sitting with his cardigan sweater on, taking puffs from his pipe, reading stories to the children...uh, yeah...that's not quite what happens up in our crib.  I usually raise my voice several times, the kids end up breaking something, and Eric doesn't smoke a pipe!

Another vision I have is for my wrapping paper.  In my head, it all looks beautiful and shiny and all the packages fit nicely together under the tree.  My paper, all in coordinating reds and golds, helps to bring out the joy of Christmas!  Again, FAIL.  

All I have is hodge podge!  Mismatched paper.  Nothing coordinates.  I am appalled.  ;-)

Okay, so I am teasing {sort of}.  But, I just couldn't see going out and buying all this beautiful new wrapping paper without using up what I have!

Next year.  Next year will be the year of the bold, beautiful wrapping paper. {And pigs may just fly!}

6 comments:

Jami said...

Girl, my wrapping is a hot mess. I keep saying I am gonna quit with the cheap stuff and get fun paper. WE have some wrapping paper from when we first got married! Maybe one year...

You did do a good job with the bows. I'm terrible at that stuff.

Jill said...

I love presents under a tree. . .doesn't matter what they look like. This year, I'll be lucky if they stay wrapped! :)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

I have visions of wrapping... then end up losing my salvation and resort to bags... sigh

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I always think that about my presents too! They will match one year and then the next year I have to use stuff up and it's messed all up! Whatever.

Jaime Mac said...

I love your vision of putting up the tree. Hilarious!

ginmommy said...

You know, I've been trying to be fancier this year with mine. But then Jo said I was like mom, so now I think I should go back to being ghetto-fabulous. Or should I not? Maybe, this is the new me? Maybe.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS