I came across it again today and decided to sit down and give it a whirl! Oh my. I miss my Grandmother. She was an extraordinary woman. Anyone who knew her would say the same thing. She was a Godly woman who gave so much to so many. I remember learning as a small child that 3:00 was a special time for her...her "special" show came on. It wasn't until later in life that I learned that "special" show was a soap opera! GASP! She loved All My Children.
As I read the letter today, a flood of memories came back. I want so badly to talk to her. One day, I will!! :) The last thing she said in the letter is that she hoped my mom and I would have the same kind of relationship that she and my mom had. We do. I am reminded again of how blessed my life is.
When my Grandmother died, my sister found something that she'd written in her Bible. She copied it for all of the cousins and I still read it all the time:
Be not miserable about what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father, who cares for you today, will care for you tomorrow and everyday. Either he will shield you from suffering, or he will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
I hope someone can use that today. :) Blessings...




4 comments:
I remember when you found that letter! I'm glad you could finally read it. I'm sure you miss her greatly, I'm glad you and your mom are so close like she wished. Thanks for sharing your heart.
This made me teary-eyed. It made me miss my grandma. I love that quote and the last line of it very much encouraged me today. ;) Thaks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing that!
What a lovely post. I have no doubt what an amazing woman she must have been. It has passed down through the generations.
Post a Comment