Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ok...here goes

I don't really like to post about losing weight or issues like that because, let's face it, how many times do we start a diet or exercise routine and not follow through?? Um, for me?? MANY!! ;)

But, maybe this will be different. I have recently been inspired by my brother. He is a machine. He has done all sorts of sprints, mini marathons, and even did the half ironman two years ago. Oh, and he ran a full marathon last year. Recently, he decided to complete the Ironman in August this year. I know I posted about this before and here's a link to his blog: Travis' blog. Anyways, with the new year, I decided (along with some prodding from my sister-in-law, Jenny) to set a goal for myself. I am going to do the Triple Crown, which consists of a 5K in February, a 10 K and a 10 miler, both in March. Now, I'm only going to be walking these, but it's more than I've ever signed up for before! Ever. Period. She even wants me to walk the mini marathon with her, but I kind of said "Woah, Nellie" until we see how all this goes. I've even bribed Gretchen into coming in town to do them along with me!! My sis is joining us and I know of a few other people too!!

So, here is the first of my updates! I've been "training" for two weeks. I'm down 6 pounds and getting more regular at using our elliptical. I'm still not exercising every day, but that is my goal. I do have to share a funny little story. My brother texted me a while back and said "Just finished 50 on treadmill. What have you done?" I texted him back and said "Wow, 50? I just finished 30 on the elliptical. I'm almost caught up with you!" ;) Ha ha!! I'm sure his 50 on the treadmill is just a tad harder than my 30 on the elliptical!!

Ok, so there you have it. My first little update on my journey to completing the Triple Crown.

6 comments:

Arthur Family said...

Go, Tracey! I'm cheering you on!

Jaime Mac said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm SOOOO proud of you! I know you will be able to do it! Good luck & keep us updated!
(BTW-I understand the machine thang - my bro is one as well. It's exhausting just listening to him TALK about training! ;))

ginmommy said...

Good for you "putting it out there" ;) I'm proud of you, you are taking the steps towards a different life!! Take it one day at a time momma!! You can do it!!!

Jami said...

I want to do it too!!!!! I really want to run these next year but would love to walk them with you this year.
I have heard, from many sources, the 10 miler is harder than the mini. I know it's sounds crazy but it's the course and the layout that makes it harder. So, if you can do that one, you can do the mini at no problem.

Tracey said...

Jami, you can join us!!! I know Jill A. is doing it, too. We'll have a how little row of peeps! The more, the merrier!!

Jill said...

That's so awesome! I ran the first two legs a couple of years ago. It is so energizing to be a part of those races. Can't wait to hear the updates! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS