Last Wednesday, March 18th, Levi had surgery. He had tubes put in his ears. We ended up back at the doctor’s office on the Friday before that with another double ear infection…his 8th since July. We had already seen an ENT and had an appointment scheduled for his surgery on April 8th. I found another ENT that would do the surgery sooner, so I called to cancel the surgery with the first ENT. Tuesday night, to my surprise, Dr. K (the first ENT) called me at home wondering why I cancelled the surgery. At first, I was flabbergasted that he called me personally! He was very sweet, apologizing for the scheduling delay. (Evidently this is a problem he’s ironing out with his scheduling staff). Long story short, he asked if I could bring Levi in the next day and he would fit him in. It ended up being a great thing because I didn’t have to stew about it! I won’t go into detail about the actual surgery time…I’ll just say it was horrible until he got his “happy juice” (as Aunt Jenny calls it) and then very cute and funny seeing Levi a little loopy and then back to horrible until after we got home and got him down for a nap. After his nap, he was better, only complaining a few times that things were “loud” or that his mouth was sick (I assume he meant his throat hurt from the breathing tube). I’m very glad that day is over and look forward to not seeing his doctor every two or three weeks! Levi was a trooper. If anyone else wants to do surgery on my baby, I will take them out at their knees.
Last night, I got to thinking about how upsetting it was to see my baby boy go through this small amount of pain and emotional chaos. I started wondering how Mary must have felt to watch Jesus suffer. I mean, really there is NO comparison! It brought me to tears to think of the wonderful love that God has for us that He would allow His SON to DIE a cruel death, a humiliating death for people so undeserving. With Easter approaching, I automatically focus on the cross. We all do. But, the story doesn’t end there!! God is an awesome God! He fulfilled His promise and JESUS ROSE AGAIN! He is preparing a place in HEAVEN for all of those who believe in HIM! Hallelujah! I’m such a sinner! But, I’m a thankful sinner who loves Jesus and is so thankful for His love!!
I am thankful that my friend, Jill is doing better. :) She seems to be getting a little more energy every day. They came over for dinner last night and we all had a nice visit. Eric grilled chicken and veggies – very yummy! Here’s to a long, fun summer, Jill!!
At church, the choir has been rehearsing our little hearts out for the Easter service! Here’s my plug – if you don’t have plans on Easter morning, please join us!!! Graceland Baptist Church – two identical services, 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Gretchen (Blog: Rather be shopping) and I are in the choir and my hubby plays drums! :) Ahhh!
One more exciting thing and then I’ll close this BOOK! LOL One of my dearest friends, Melanie (Blog: Watermelon Mama) asked me to be in the delivery room with her during the birth of their second child! I am very, very excited!! I get to take some pictures of “Baby A” upon his/her arrival and write a birth story for them. Thanks, Melanie for asking me. I’m just waiting on the call. Could be any time…I’ll post more about that later!
Sorry about the book! I just had a lot to say. :)




1 comment:
Sometimes, we just have a lot to say. Totally understand what you are saying about Mary. I cannot imagine.
Post a Comment