Monday, March 30, 2009

The weekend happenings

I’m sure everyone agrees – the weekends go by so fast! Friday night, I was able to go out and get some fun stuff for Levi’s Easter basket. I got him some dinosaur and Sesame Street stickers, a water color paint book, some gum (his favorite thing ever!), some Pez and a Tootsie Roll bank. This will be the first time he’ll get an Easter basket from us!! Isn’t that crazy? Not really, I guess. His first two years of existence, we got him a book. This year, he is more aware of special holidays and he knows about Jesus, so it will be fun to explain to him about Jesus loving us so much!

Saturday evening, my sister had a play date. It was fun as usual! She fixed spaghetti, garlic bread and a yellow cake with white icing and sprinkles. Levi LOVES going to Aunt Tricia’s. As I’ve said before, it’s pretty much like going to Toys R Us! My sister is so thoughtful and plans her play dates around what the children would like to do – movies, puppet shows, lots of toys and cake with sprinkles!! (I’m sure she’ll post pictures later, so check out Tricia’s Blog, listed under “Blogs I Read”.) The funny thing was all of the kids that were going potty – constantly! There were 3 kids who are potty training, so the bathroom was a revolving door!

Yesterday was fun and relaxing. Bob, Jill & the kids came over for pizza. Our new love is MaZerella’s. Their garlic bread is just about the best thing ever!After dinner, we went to see our nieces. Megan turned 8 yesterday!! I remember when she was born and now she is so grown up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEGAN!! We love you!!!!!

I guess that is our weekend in a nutshell!

1 comment:

Jami said...

We used to get Mazeralla's all the time when we lived in the apartment in Sellersburg, love thier garlic bread.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS