Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sad day for Mommy...

It happened today. Every mom's worst nightmare. My two year old ran off to play with the neighbor kids instead of clinging to my leg. :(

At some point on the weekend, if the weather is pretty, we end up outside sitting on Jill's driveway watching the kids play. There are lots of little kids in our cul-de-sac and they are so cute when they ask if Levi can play. A little girl named Adley asked if Levi could play on her swing set. Levi looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said "please Mom!" I gave him the "be careful, don't hit, don't climb too high, stay in the backyard, no pushing, be nice" speech and off he ran. Not looking back once. I almost cried. He's growing up so fast! I kept peeking around the corner and Eric would say "Tracey, he's fine."
I'd reply "He's TWO."
"He's three in May."
"He's TWO."
"He's almost three. Leave him alone."
So, I did. And he did great. He fell once, hurting his chin and came crying, but when his MEAN dad asked if we needed to cut it off, he ran back to play some more. :)

Adley, Levi (on the slide) and Reece playing

Levi on the slide
Playing some baseball
Reece acting like a monkey!!
Up to no good! Eric and Bob, Jill's husband

1 comment:

ginmommy said...

Yes it's sad when they don't want us anymore!!! Totally understand. Cute pics.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS