This weekend was a little bitter-sweet for me. Mom called on Thursday night and told me that my great-uncle (her uncle) passed away. He was my Granddaddy's brother. So, I left on Friday morning with my parents to head down to Alabama for the funeral. Eric & Levi stayed home and had a boys weekend. I love going down there to visit, but not under these circumstances! We arrived in Alabama Friday afternoon around 3:30 and after a short rest and some dinner, we headed to the funeral home. Immediately, I felt that good ol' southern hospitality that I've experienced so many times before. All of mom's extended family was there and though there were tears, there was also laughter and lots of love. It was a weird experience for me because of just losing Granddaddy two years ago. My great-uncle and Granddaddy were very similar in their attitudes, characters, mannerisms and even their looks. It was like experiencing his death all over again. The funeral was Saturday morning and it was a nice tribute to my uncle. Saturday evening, I got to visit with my aunts and uncles and it was nice just getting to laugh and talk without a 2 year old constantly interrupting! LOL We arrived home around 4pm today and I was glad to get home to Eric & Levi.
So, tonight, we took Levi over to our county airport and he got to sit in a small Cessna plane that belongs to our friend, John. Levi wasn't ready to go on a ride in the plane, so John said we'd try again in a few months. Here are some pictures of his visit to see see the planes.




1 comment:
Cute pics.... BUT you really need to start getting in more of the pictures.
Post a Comment